United Way Volunteer Center
To find volunteer opportunities in North Central Massachusetts, please visit United Way's Volunteer Center interactive website.
What We Do
The Volunteer Center works through local partnerships to identify improvements needed in the community and to mobilize a response call to action. Our volunteer website provides a platform for the non-profits in need of resources and the people that want play an active role in the solutions that will make the community a better place.
The Volunteer Center strives to raise awareness of the critical role that volunteers play in our society by promoting and recognizing these committed and passionate people. We help build the capacity of volunteer programs by providing support to volunteer managers and education for them on industry best practices and trends.
The United Way Volunteer Center makes a difference in our communities through four key competencies:
Connect Concerned People with Needs in the Community
- Volunteer connector website
- Social media including, blog, FaceBook, Twitter and YouTube
- Days of Service
Build Capacity for Effective Volunteering
- National Service Enterprise Certification; the Center follows and promotes the NES best practices.
- Newspaper, and social media
- Volunteer profiles
Participate in Strategic Initiatives that Inspire, Equip and Mobilize Volunteers
- Martin Luther King Service Day
- United Way Day of Caring
- Combat Hunger Initiatives
- Massachusetts Service Alliance Capacity Building and Conference Committee
- Pilot Site for National Service Enterprise Certification Program